It is with great enthusiasm that I invite you to attend the 86th Annual Meeting of the American Prosthodontic Society. We have a truly outstanding program again this year, thanks to our Program Chair Dr. Nels Ewoldsen. Program highlights include presentations from Dr. Rella Christensen, Dr. Paul Child, Dr. Gary Goldstein and Dr. Jamison Spencer. The theme of this year’s meeting will be “Guiding Principles, Changing Practices” and not only will this theme resonate throughout the presentations but we have embraced “changing practices” wholeheartedly when it comes to how attendees will experience our meeting.
- Our exhibit hall will be open all day on Thursday and we will serve lunch for attendees in the hall, allowing for more networking opportunities for attendees and our important corporate supporters.
- We are launching an exciting, limited attendance, Digital Impressions Workshop, to be held over our lunch break and evening reception. Attendees of this workshop will have the opportunity to attend three sessions to learn about and personally experience three different products in a small group setting. More information will be available this fall as we confirm our corporate partners for this event.
- The table clinics that have become an integral part of our meeting will be getting an overhaul, from the application process to the presentation on-site at the meeting. Participants will submit digitally, creating a library of searchable table clinic presentations that will be housed on our website. Applications will be accepted beginning in August and I encourage all to apply!
We have some exciting changes on the horizon for next year and I hope you will join us in Chicago, February 20-21 for what will surely be a wonderful meeting.
John Ball, DDS
APS Meeting Goals
- Highlight evidence-based dentistry, where scientific research is applied to clinical dentistry
- Provide interdisciplinary instruction and advanced knowledge in prosthodontic education
- Provide an international representation in the prosthodontic field
- Create an environment for networking, professional interaction and knowledge sharing among participants